Currently Reading: Caste by Isabel Wilkerson

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

August Reading


Just wanted to update you all.  I am still reading - but this one is taking me longer than usual.  It's 550 pages or so, which is contributing to it.  Also contributing are house projects and after-work obligations that don't permit me to read on the bus!

We're tackling several house projects right now - plumbing, pressure washing, re-staining the decks, organizing furniture, and eventually painting one of the spare bedrooms.  And we will be hosting my parents this weekend (Hi Mom).  I'm also feeling guilty about the fact that our 1 year anniversary is fast approaching and we don't have even the beginnings of a wedding album (that I promised myself I would finish before our first anniversary...)  But summer is coming to a close, daylight is receding faster every day - and I'm always in the middle of a book.

(The Light is On - one of my husband's great moody photos from this summer)

No comments:

Post a Comment